Enhance Storefront Search Scale and Performance
If you have been in the eco-system for a while, you may have noticed that the built-in search engine did not get much love (visibly) in the past few years. Looking at the past two months, that appears to have changed!
Your site’s performance is a very important aspect, and seeing that more options to fine-tune search to our specific needs is excellent!
But what does Salesforce mean by “large product catalogs”? Well, that means more than 1 million products in your catalog. But there are still a few questions that I have that are open on this topic:
- Does this impact OCAPI/SCAPI performance as well?
- If you have less products, is it still a feature you would want to activate? Are there benefits?
- What options are there?
I hope more information will pop up in the documentation soon, as this is a welcome improvement!
Validate Hostnames for Certificates
Time to re-evaluate all your third-party integrations! An extra validation step has made its way to the HTTPClient. Luckily you have a “quick fix” available: disabling it through code.
OCAPI & SCAPI
Shopper Login (SLAS)
No month goes by without new additions to the SLAS service. As the Composable Storefront (and hybrid deployments) get more traction, this service needs to get some “love” and provide the flexibility brands need.
A significant change here is that there is now an automatic synchronisation of deleted customers to SLAS, which required manual API calls before.
And another is the Marketing Cloud integration for passwordless login via SMS! If you are a multi-cloud customer, this is one to look at (if you have use cases where this makes sense, such as in-store kiosks where someone doesn’t just want to enter their password in public)!
Set Up Custom Firewall Rules with the CDN-API
Have you been desperate for more control of the eCDN firewall? It seems Salesforce has some good news for you!
With this new feature, you can block or challenge traffic based on dynamic rules you control!
Set Up CDN Logpush
Getting access to all of the eCDN logs has been a “drag”. Doing it manually via the Business Manager or API was quite the time-sink to set up.
With this new system, it is possible to push batches of up to 100.000 records to an Amazon S3.
PWA Kit v2.7.1
A “smaller” release made its way to the Composable Storefront the past month with some nice new updates:
- Phased launch with optional session bridge call: An optional session bridge call has been added to the login process, allowing for a smoother phased launch of new features.
- Product-list refinements: Enhancements have been made to product-list handling, including support for multiple types, improved isChecked functionality, and better management of query parameters.
- Fixes for multi-value query parameters and basket issues: This release addresses issues with multi-value query parameters being lost and makes the mergeBasket conditional more robust, resolving basket problems when a new account is created.
- Security package updates and bug fixes: Several security package updates have been implemented, along with various bug fixes to improve overall system stability.
- Mobile-friendly phone number input: The phone number field type has been changed to bring up a numeric keyboard on mobile devices, making it more user-friendly.
- Address listing improvements: Preferred addresses are now listed first, streamlining the user experience when selecting shipping or billing addresses.
- Modal handling and cart functionality: The update prevents modals from opening when adding an item to the cart fails, ensuring a smoother shopping experience.
- Performance improvements and fixes: Various performance enhancements have been made, including webpack build improvements, fixing Page Designer ImageWithText Link component issues, and addressing a local dev memory leak issue in the retail react app.
Updated Cartridges & Tools
Sandbox Launchd (v1.0.0)
Another new project by Peter Schmalfeldt to make us even more lazy by booting and shutting down our sandboxes automatically!
- support local/offline page designer page export in cli
- migration script standard input support / logging levels
SFRA Webpack builder (v3.4.1)
A bugfix release, so nothing to note here.