WebDAV upload limit relaxed
A big update that will make many happy! The limitation of 100MB has been relaxed to 500MB for uploading to the WebDAV.
This change will make it a lot easier to integrate with other systems that have to send over large amounts of data. Until now, you had to split it into multiple “chunks” of 100MB.
Some will still wish the limit was higher, but this is still a considerable improvement!
Copy & Paste components in Page Designer!
A big update to Page Designer as it will now be possible to copy and paste components (up to 10). Not only will this be possible in the same page, but to other pages – even across browser tabs!
Target components to a specific locale in Page Designer
You could only target components to specific customer groups or campaigns until now. Starting from this release, locales have been added to that list!
Performance increase to Page Designer
Pages loaded in Page Designer are responsive before all referenced images, external resources, or client-side scripts have completed loading, cutting down on wait time.
I suspect this improvement is only for the performance of the Business Manager as we are (mostly) in control of how the front behaves. But let’s find out after this update hits the first sandboxes!
AfterPay and Venmo added to Salesforce Payments
Let your shoppers pay in interest-free installments with AfterPay. Salesforce Payments offers AfterPay through your Stripe Merchant account. When AfterPay is active on your storefront, the product details page and checkout cart list it as a payment option (Default SFRA & Payments Cartridge).
Venmo has also been added as an express and multi-step payment service for U.S.-based merchants. This integration does require a PayPal integration with Salesforce Payments, and a payment zone configured that conforms with the Venmo criteria.
OCAPI & SCAPI
Shopper Context API Enhancements
To personalize Headless applications with Salesforce B2C Commerce Cloud, you will need the Shopper Context API. In this release, a few new options have been made available:
- Source code support (trigger promotions, payment, and shipping methods)
- Support for Hybrid Deployments by adding support to the OCAPI for Shopper Context
- Personalize prices and promotions based on store-specific promotion and pricing rules (imported with assignments.xml)
Updated Retention Period of Unregistered baskets
This one was already the case before this update, so not sure what has changed in this release. If you know, leave a comment!
In August, someone at Salesforce has been cleaning house at the “Known Issues.” Many were updated in the past few weeks with a “Fixed” status, but for past releases (22.4, 22.5, 22.7, and 22.8), I will only mention those here that were fixed in at least 22.8.
Updated Cartridges & Tools
- Fixes an out of order issue with the previous release when bootstrapping new instances
- Code coverage for features
- change in bootstrapping order to ensure that errors during bootstrapping do not leave an inconsistent state
- Fixes the path for private library export. by @mihaivilcuosf in #77
- Fixes an out of order issue with features
- delete cartridges prior to unzip to replace all files by @sandragolden in #78
- adds runAsScript method to execution migration scripts directly by @clavery in #80
A new addition to public community repositories, always great to see! This one adds a quickstart to add Google reCaptcha to your order process!