Some of the highlights:
- Shorthand property names
- Template literal support
For a complete list, you can have a look at the documentation.
If we look at this list, it is also clear this is an update to the 1.7.14 version of the engine. To get a complete list of what is possible, you can look at the support list on the official website.
API Encryption Parameter Has Been Changed
PWA Kit v2.0.0
A big release a lot of people have been waiting for. Focussing mainly on developer experience, this is an important release to set a solid base to support development for the future to come.
- 🥳 TypeScript support. The build tools now support TypeScript by default—without having to update the configuration files for Babel or Webpack.
- 🧰 An updated development server that supports hot reloading on the server-side and makes it possible to support hot reloading on the client-side in a future release.
- 🤓 An all-new command-line tool called pwa-kit-dev that bundles our recommended development tools like Webpack, Babel, and Jest to support zero-config project templates.
- 🖌️ Experimental support for non-React apps for those users interested in using Managed Runtime to host other Express-based apps (not just the Retail React App).
For a full changelog, have a look at the GitHub Repository.
Updated Cartridges & Tools
A new section to this monthly blogpost that I found could be handy for some people. The cartridges that have received updates in the past 30 days!
Not all of them will be listed here, and I will mainly focus on Salesforce and Community cartridges.
- Add missing key and value, reorder entries
- Bug: Fix not to show tax in order total summary on checkout and cart pages.
- Bug: Fix email confirmation not translated for order placed with PM involving redirect
- Change to use new saved payment
- Add EPS payment method
- Add keys for eps and ideal banks and update logic to use keys
- This release introduces some new ES6 language elements and requires Compatibility Mode 21.1 or higher
- New ‘global search’ feature allows searching for keys across bundles.
- UI updates and fixes for the new Lightning Business Manager layout.
- Bundle last updated date now shown correctly.
- Bundle JSON keys get sorted alphabetically on save.